Installing Your Product
Most of our products come with full installation instructions. You can also download a PDF version of your product’s install instructions using the menu on the right.
Over time, your Better Built truck toolbox may need to be adjusted periodically to ensure it remains operating smoothly. If you need help making the adjustments below, please feel free to call us and we can walk you through it over the phone.
- Lid Strikers – it’s important that the lid striker on your Better Built truck toolbox lines up perfectly when closing your box. If this comes out of adjustment, it can lead to issues with opening and closing your box properly. In that occasion, we recommend adjusting the position of the striker slightly to the left or right, no more than 1/8th of an inch.
- Latch Hawkbills -the hawkbill is the part of the latch that keeps the striker locked into position. This can sometimes come out of alignment or may need to be slightly adjusted to the left or right, a tiny fraction of an inch. Keeping this part adjusted properly will ensure that your box will continue to open and close properly.
- Latch Springs – the Latch Spring is located on the back of the latch, and keeps it working properly. It can sometimes become dis-lodged and even needs to be replaced occasionally. This is a free part that can be mailed to you at no charge.
Product Replacement Parts
Sometimes it is necessary to replace a whole part of your truck toolbox when adjustments fail to solve the issue. We can provide all the replacement parts you will need for your truck toolbox in our Shop Online page.
- Latches – if adjusting your box cannot solve the issue, you can order a whole new latch assembly if necessary. Latches come as one assembled piece, with a new set of keys included. Remove your current latch using a rivet gun and make sure to order the replacement latch that looks the same as yours. Browse our replacement latches here.
- Shocks – if you need to replace a broken shock, order the correct size based on the extended length of the shock from end to end. Browse our replacement shocks here.